IUD

i had the mirena put in about a week and a half ago and was just wondering what others experienced...it hurt when they put it in the doc said my cervix alredy closed after the baby or something closed... i dont have cramping or anything but i am still bleeding like a light period but to much to engage in any activity... does anyone have any advice or information

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Health

• It took about two weeks for it to stop bleeding, but I did not stop spotting until almost two months! I suggest you throw down a towel!!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Ive had mine in for 2 1/2 years and have had no problems at all with no pain, light bleeding, and havent been pregnant nor any scares. However just about a week ago I wiped and there was the black string it had come out, so I made an appointment to get it checked out I will update after that. Im scared that it got lost or something but im a little worried any body hear any stories about this happening??
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2009