Any tips for this interview?

I have my second, more in-depth interview for a part-time job with Primerica, a financial guidance company on Monday. Any general interview tips? I'm sort of just stepping out onto the ice when it comes to job interviews.

alexteale

Asked by alexteale at 4:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2012 in Money & Work

• dress awesome but not so formal you look fake or are uncomfortable. do NOT use perfume as so many big companies are anti allergy odors today.. smile, shake hands, repeat names back, be yourself.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• Make sure you ask questions. and its also ok to write down information so bring a small note book and pen and always copies of your resume and get business cards from everyone you meet for the thank you letters.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• Anonymous

• Yes, check out the fraud link anon posted above. I went thru a couple interviews with Primerica. They told me they were looking for trainers, but what they really want are sales people and recruiters to bring in more sales people. Salary is solely commission-based on either what you sell or your recruits sell. It's a pyramid-style company, and they'll ask you for the names of all your friends and family.

If you are really interested in selling insurance policies, okay. Just be aware that's what they are really looking for. It was not clear in the first 'interview' meeting that I went to with several other applicants.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• Also, there was a training fee to pay up front when you get hired. It was a little over $100 when I went 7 years ago, and it is very hard to get a refund if you change your mind.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• I don't think they really have legitimate jobs.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• anng.atlanta: THANK YOU for clarifying this! They did NOT make it seem that way even during the informational meeting. You just saved me a LOT of time.
    alexteale

Comment by alexteale (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• pkkkk
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 8:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2012