How does your dog let you know he/she has to go out?

My dog doesn't seem to know to ask. She's going to be 5 on Halloween. Seems like she would have figured something out by now, that silly little pup!

alexteale

Asked by alexteale at 4:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2012 in Pets

• So you dog poops on the floor?

My dogs pace back and forth making an annoying tap sound on the hardwood
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• Our dog has potty/walk/exercise routine, so she rarely needs to go out above that. If something's up and she needs to go she might pace around and pest us until someone takes her out. She's five and I can count the accidents she's ever had on one hand.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• My dog goes crazy when he has to poop, but he does nothing about pee. I just have to remember to take him every 1 1/2 hours or so or he will pee on the floor!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• No, she doesn't have accidents. She has a bladder of steel. We just have to remember to take her out. I was just wondering if anyone else had a strange dog like mine. lol.
    alexteale

Comment by alexteale (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• She comes up to me and nudges me with her paw if I ignore her she barks until I ask, "Do you need to go?" at which point she runs to back door.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• He goes to one of the doors, usually the front, and just stands there. If it's an emergency, he will actually "paw" at the door.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• We take ours out every 2-3 hours whether they have to go or not. If they do have to go, they normally go to the door and wait. (Like in the morning when we get up)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• We have four dogs and they all have different ways of letting me know. Maggie, my collie, will run to the door and sit and look up. Nikki, my redbone hound, will bark at the door, scratch, and whine. Sandy, my little mutt dog, will dance around in circles and jump on my leg. Jenny, my husband's black lab, will come and lay her head on his lap and wag her tail or, if he's not home, she will lay on me or one of the kids and she makes a little half whine half growling noise. It's funny to hear.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• My dog goes and stands at door.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2012

• I have my 2 dogs on a fairly SET schedule ...they go out every 2 1/2- 3 hours ....it works out perfectly! No messes inside - and if they need to go other then that - they run to the door and then back to me and back again, and I get it!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2012