Does anyone know how to patent something, & how much it costs?

I made a product recently and sold all of them I had within a couple of hours. People were going crazy for them and wanted more. They were so popular, the people I was with that day said they want to have a local girl scout group make them to sell at an upcoming event at a local fairground. That sucks cause it was my idea and they want to steal it and profit from it. (Just wrong). They won't let me sell them cause they are non-profit and all the proceeds go to the organization. I originally offered to let me sell mine and give a percentage to them, but they said no. (Guess they want all the $). Is it possible to get a patent on my product to be able to sell them myself and stop them from making them and profiting from it? This event is to take place in April. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• https://www.oppedahl.com/cost/#patent
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009