Braxton Hicks

Hi everyone. I'm sure this is a question that has been asked before so sorry to be redundant:

What do Braxton Hicks contractions feel like? I'm 21 weeks,3 days pregnant with my first and yesterday I had a couple of instances where my whole abdomen was tightening up and it was very painful. I looked up BH in my copy of "What to Expect..." and it said something about them not really being painful. And, being only a few days over 21 weeks, is it too early for me to start experiencing them?

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Since you have never had a baby you have nothing to compare "real" contraction to braxton hicks... Yep they can be painful and yep the tightening is what they feel like. You can have braxton hicks that early. Some women feel them through out their pregnancy. Don't worry you will know when they are real. I'm sure you already have heard it all before, but trust me when they are labor contractions you will know it.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 2:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009