Did you feed off both breasts each feeding time or one per feeding?

If you did one per feeding..did that make you look lopsided?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both breasts, 10 minutes or so on each side, in one feeding.
    Anonymous

• I fed off of both. About 15 minutes on each side.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• same as above answer. It worked for me.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I do one per feeding. Sometimes I look slightly lopsided, but I don't think anyone but me could notice. I started one sided feedings so that my son was getting the hindmilk.. he had weight gain problems to start with (not anymore!!!) But I still feed him the same.... except before bed I will offer both sides.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• start with one and if baby needs the second then offer that one, too.
    don't watch the clock. watch your baby's cues instead.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I wore a bracelet or hair thing around my wrist, I would start on that breast for about 10 minutes and then switch the bracelet to the other wrist and do ten minutes on that side....if she didnt want to feed on the second breast then I wouldnt switch the bracelet! The bracelet helped me remember what side I would need to start on-that way I could ensure each breast was being used and one wouldnt get engourged if she wasnt very hungry-if that makes sense :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• with my oldest son i feed on at a time with my youngest i feed with both at one feeding. he alway was hungry lol
    kim61629

Answer by kim61629 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• for the first 3-4 days i fed back and forth between sides for each feeding, but then as the baby and i got used to everything he started eating for about 10-15 minutes on each side with a burping in between
    MamaMays

Answer by MamaMays at 5:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2009