• In the Spotlight:

Any SAHM's have to go back to work?

I am probably going to have to go back to work. My husband was laid off, and we need more income. He is doing something working up to full time, and we are thinking about opening our own business based off of what we are thinking about doing (sales). But, even if I am working part time or less, I still feel broken hearted having to think of the possibility of leaving my son, even if it with friends. Anyone else in a similar position or willing to share thoughts? My husband and mom say it will be good for me to get away from the baby for a few hours and day and vice versa. But what about when he starts school and I want to home school? BLAH! Help!

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Not yet, but I'm thinking about it. Luckily my kid is almost school-aged.

Hope things work out for you
    Anonymous

• Home schooling won't take all day, you could still split your time. Maybe by that time you can go back to being a full time mom. You could also look into some work at home jobs for income. Pm me and I'll tell you about my job.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have always been mostly a stay at home mom but I have a parttime job at a clothing store I work like one or two days a week. I used to only work a couple hours a month but last month I was working 15 hr weeks to help us out some. My husband works construction and his hours haven't been what they used to be so me working little more helps us out some.
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 3:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• customcat2000 is right. I was home schooled. When I actually sat down and tried, I could finish my school work in three hours. I'm sure you'll find creative ways to keep your child interested.

Also I've heard of people getting a group of parents together to home school. Like if you're get at math, you'll take all the kids for that subject. Someone else will take all the kids and teach Science. That way you still have time for yourself.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I would go back to work if I had to. Try not to think so far ahead, take it day by day. You may not have to work for long, maybe a couple of months and then your husband will find a better paying position or he'll get some good raises and then you can stay home again. Just think of it as something that you need to do for your family right now. Live within your means, and if your means is a diet of rice and bean, then that's what you have to do to make it. When the going gets tough, you gotta make some changes. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You could go back to work and try a business from home. If you need ideas of what kind of business check out my website:

http://www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 10:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I lost my job several months ago so my husband and I started our own business. We work with a technology company that has amazing products. We are enjoying helping people. It's fun working together, setting our own hours and the company offers a fantastic bonus plan. If you have integrity, leadership skills and enjoy helping people, you may want to take a look at this oopportunity. Send me a private message if you are interested and I will get you more information.
    Good luck to you
    jaeann123

Answer by jaeann123 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• No - started an at home business - and helping others do the same

check it out

www.DoctorsMission.com

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2009