Are you awake during nighttime nursing?

Or do you fall back asleep while baby nurses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have fallen asleep but not on purpose... :( I would wake up with my boobie hanging out and my son nudging me for his next feeding!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• When i was breastfeeding, yes of course i was awake. Because i had to take my baby out of her bed and also bring her back in there ;) i could have not done that when i was asleep ;) hehe
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I nodded off once and woke up suddenly scared to death! my breast could easily smother my baby so I never did it again.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• we co-sleep and yes, i have fallen asleep after baby latches on during a night feeding.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I couldn't ever sleep because once I nodded off and my little one slipped off the breast and I had no idea how long she ate for and if she got a full feeding. She was asleep so I put her back in bed and 25 minutes later she woke up hungry again... ulgh. I didn't get any sleep that night.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i have fallen asleep before definately not on purpose, but by the time my son got to be about 2-3 months i got used to HIS schedule and usually woke up right before him
    MamaMays

Answer by MamaMays at 5:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I usually fall back asleep, but I sleep lightly until she's done because it's hard for me to get comfortable while she's laying up against me and nursing. My other breast also ALWAYS leaks while she's nursing on one side, so I usually have to deal with that.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:19 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I got scared the first time it happened. Then it was like...cool... and I did it every time after that. :) It was so much easier to just fall asleep while he was eating. I made sure to keep the blankets and pillows away from him so... And to Kate Jocelyn... don't know if it matters, but I leaked really bad too. I kept a towel (or burp rag) in my room, and stuffed it inside my bra when I nursed. It helped a lot.
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 10, 2009