I'm preparing to purchase a double jog stroller and looking for any advice/opinions. I cannot decide between a swivel front wheel as oppossed to the locked front wheel, also. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

timnel2

Asked by timnel2 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• GET A SWIVEL WHEEL!!! I can't fairly complain about mine since it was free...but it is a locked front wheel and it drives me nuts! I can't even jog slowly down a slight curve without having to manuver the whole thing and it is not easy. A swivel would be SO much better!!

Apparently some now have the option of being both...that would be ideal.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• it depends on what you want to use it for. If you plan to run with it only then a fixed front wheel is better - better control and less likely to go somewhere with out you. If you want to use it as a regular stroller then swivel wheel is great for getting around in crowded spaces. If you want to do both, make sure the swivel wheel can lock. The "best" out there are the BOB strollers - start research there and move down to a price point you can manage. Also, Craig's List and eBay are great ways to buy used ones for far less then new.
    Hope that helps and good luck.
    HAVMommy

Answer by HAVMommy at 3:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Just like pp said, if you are going to use it for jogging then go with a fixed wheel. If you are using it for walking or whatever then go with the swivel wheel.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Get one that can do both. Yes, they make them that way.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009