So why do you get so upset with Christians?

As a Christian I respond using God’s Scripture (my spiritual belief) so when I respond it’s not me convicting (judging is what YOU call it) but God’s Holy Word (my spiritual belief). The bible says God’s Word “is sharper than a two edge sword”. Even I get convicted at church at times by the message. I just die to the flesh when God’s Word cuts me and I surrender to God. So hey I know it hurts. But again it’s not me but His Word and your conscious convicting you. I don’t often get upset because I know many of you don’t know Him the way I do, but I have hopes that one day you will. You are the reason Jesus came.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• because your rules and morals of living is so old fashioned you need to become more liberal an accepting of people regardless if its a sin or not lol *sarcasm*
    Anonymous

• Personally, I don't think I need to become 'liberal'.... in fact I think we're warned about being 'fast and loose with the Word. The whole world needs to be less sarcastic about other religions... I think it's the one bad apple metaphor that causes all this condescension. God said "Judge not... lest you be judged.... [for the same reason]" And I take that seriously....but so many Christians get a little clogged with judging and knowing the fruit of a person. (Just cuz I can call it like I see it..... does that mean I am called of God to do so)? Jesus didn't. Remember the woman at the well?. Jesus could have instantly judged her (who else had better authority to do so)... but he didn't. He knew her fruit and he forgave her. Christians should be well equipped to do the same... buy like you said poster... the truth hurts... and sometimes, some Christians find it easiest to clean others doorstep first, ignoring their own.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't get upset with Christians, I get upset with sanctimonious, arrogant and ignorant Christians.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree with NotPanicking. Christians do not bother me unless they are arrogant and use their relationship with their God to judge others.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• "But again it’s not me but His Word and your conscious convicting you. "

No. It IS you. You CHOOSE to follow what YOU consider his word. You CHOOSE to believe the Bible is the word of God. So you CHOOSE the words of the Bible to judge others with.

My consciousness isn't convicting me of anything. I'm irritated by people that can't take responsiblity for their beliefs. Either by posting anonymously, or by not even being able to take responsibility for their CHOICE in theological opinion.

The Bible says many things...some of which contradict other parts of the Bible. Some of which can be interpreted in more than one way. Some of which is meant to be allegorical.

That is the whole reason there are 38,000+ denominations of Christians.

I'm not upset with all of them...or even 99% of them.

I'm irritated by the ones that think they are God's spokesperson because they can quote the Bible.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 3:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• The bible also gives us guidance on when and when NOT to correct someone. I think some of us forget to discern when it is not wanted.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I think these ladies said everything I was thinking.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• This is my opinion as a non-Christian. I get frustrated at times when Christians (or anyone else) quotes scripture to prove a point. The reason is because the use of scripture in a discussion to prove a point assumes that the scripture is correct in and of itself. Your very argument (It's not me saying it, it's God!) is what frustrates non-Christians- because although you may feel that the Bible is the literal revealed word of God, I don't. Therefore no discussion can ever move forward because we are basically speaking different languages from the start. The conclusion of your argument is: "But look, it says here in the Bible!" and the premise of my counterattack is: "Yes I'm sure it does, but I don't accept that text as the word of God." There's nowhere to discuss from there. It's the 'black and white', 'right and wrong' with no shades of grey that frustrates me personally. Does that makes sense?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• And let it be said that I'm not irritated with Christians in general... I'm more irritated with the circular discussions that I mentioned above than specific people or any religion in general.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It irks me when a Christian quotes the bible when asked an OPINION.

Tell me what YOU think...not what someone else wrote 2000 years ago.

It makes it sound as if you cannot think for yourself, and need an ancient text to do your thinking for you. 

Also, please respect the fact that there are those of us who do not believe as you do...and don't give a rat's patooty about your bible.  It means nothing to me.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009