Big belly? What's that mean

I had my 37 week us today and the tech told me my daughter's stomach was measuring at 37 weeks 6 days and she weighted 6lbs 9oz. They weren't able to measure her head bc she was A LOT lower than what my doctor thought since last week. Does that mean there's a chance I can have my baby within the next 2 weeks?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anything is possible :)......if she has dropped that far then I would say things look pretty good :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• That just means that they have some meassurements of your baby.. and those meassurement are never .. or better said, barely right.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I had an ultrasound last week too... I; about as far along as you are. They were able to measure the head just fine even though it was also low. The belly is OK. They tell me that every time. Mine is already 8lbs so his belly is measuring at 40 weeks LOL. Just means you are going to have a chubby baby. If the head is low could mean you are ready, could just be low. At 37 weeks you could go anytime (at least that's what I'm hoping for LOL)
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 3:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Your due date can be off by up to 2 weeks. Which means you could go in to labor within 2 weeks, or that it could be more like 5 weeks. Measuring 37 wks 6 days at 37 wks is not a significant difference, and dropping doesn't tell you much either because you can drop months before delivery. Hang in there and be patient mama.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• not sure about the rest...it seems everything is ok, and they are usually off when they estimate everything. But I started dropping like at around 33 weeks, and he kept getting lower and lower as time went by...lol. Right now he is really freaking far into my pubic bone which makes it really hard to walk or even move, I have to force myself to do it, and I have to keep taking tylenol and putting a heating or ice pack in that area. But no baby yet, so I think someone else was right that it doesn't mean too much, lol. We don't have that much longer to go though...Good luck! Can't wait till both of our babies are here, we both deserve them after everything we both have been through to get to this.
    Savanna22

Answer by Savanna22 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009