help

My dd is 1 an half months old and is very congested. Well now it is coming out in her spit up is this normal. Has anyone had this happen with there baby?

steelersmomof4

Asked by steelersmomof4 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Health

• Please take her to the doctor. She may have an infection. 1 month old is very young to fight off a bad illness.
    chrisnjoesmom

Answer by chrisnjoesmom at 3:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i would suggest getting an aspirator to suck the mucus out of her nose. Use a little saline to thin out the mucus first. With all the drainage in her belly, when she spits up it just come out. My little boy is 4 and when he is really congested he throws up sometimes from coughing and it's all mucus. if ur baby is not running a fever and the drainage is clear i don't think a doctor will do anything. It is very scary to have a little one that cant breathe very good, i know. I use to just hold my kids and rock them so they could breathe better.Hope this helps.. remember this too shall pass. Trust ur own instincts.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes! I work at a pharmacy and it happens alot. when she spit up it's looks like slim. Baby's that age can't have any cold meds. Only saline drops to thin mucus. It's her body way of getting rid of the built up mucus.
    fallon4chy

Answer by fallon4chy at 5:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009