Wetting the bed

I have 5 kids and never have had this issue before. My dd whose the youngest is 4 (just turned 4 yesterday in fact) and she still wets the bed at night. Shes potty trained otherwise. Most of the time she can go all night without going but I put a pull up on her because it seems nights I dont she DOES wet the bed. When should I start worrying about this? I dont want her using pull ups forever. Any advice? And yes I do make her go to the bathroom before bed and dont allow her anything to drink before bedtime.

Asked by gemgem at 3:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She's just turned 4. She is still learning control. Give her time. And take off the pull ups, they are a crutch. Go invest in one or two packs of large wet pads. I use them for my almost 4 year old. She goes most nights without an accident, but still has them once in awhile. I have to do an extra load when she wets, but I don't have the expense of pull ups.
    yakara77

Answer by yakara77 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009