Why is sex important in a marriage or relationship?

Shouldn't your spouse love you whether or not you have sex. Sex is for reproducing. We have one child who is 10 months old, we haven't had sex since right before i found out i was pregnant. Why is this so bad ? I just don't get it. I do not feel any closer to my husband after sex than i did before we had sex. I mean you just lay there with someone and get used for fun then go to sleep i'm not sure how that is influencing the importance of a relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2012 in Relationships

• sex is fun and feels goooooooooood
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• very important
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• I mean that biologically that is what sex is used for. I would think love is more about love and not about being physical. I don't see why so many other people say it's so crucial to the relationship. He never really says much about the fact that we aren't having sex.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Wow. Just, wow. I don't even know where to start. I will say this, if you don't figure this out between you and your husband, your marriage will likely not end the way you imagined or wanted it too. And your poor husband. I hope he realizes that he deserves better, sooner rather than later.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• My poor husband? I don't see why he is my "poor husband"

He should love me whether or not i put out, love shouldn't be about sex, should be about how you feel for one another.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Yikes. You guys need some serious intervention before you start growing cobwebs down there. Give him a few articles on how clitoral stimulation and how to locate the G spot, and you read up on satisfying blow jobs. Crapsadaisy, this shouldn't even be a question!
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Sex is a form of intimacy & intimacy is very important in a marriage. Have you been evaluated for a hormone imbalance, hypothyroidism or depression? Either one or a combo of those could be causing your lack of desire. And, all 3 can happen after giving birth.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Sex is the one thing that you two exclusively share. You can be close friends with lots of people. Sex is the one intimate thing that you do with your spouse that you don't share with others.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• You are right, love is not based on sex. But men are designed for sex. It is a stress relief, a validation, and one of the best ways to help a man feel closer to his partner. And furthermore, sex is about more than just reproduction. Y'all aren't rabbits. Sex is about pleasure, full acceptance, intimacy, and on top of that has many health benefits. To deny your husband is just sad.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• It's definitely not the most important thing in a relationship, but I think it is important. If you enjoy sex I think it's important to be with someone you enjoy having sex with. If you and your SO don't really care much for sex then I guess it's not really important.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 2:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2012