Why is sex important in a marriage or relationship?

Shouldn't your spouse love you whether or not you have sex. Sex is for reproducing. We have one child who is 10 months old, we haven't had sex since right before i found out i was pregnant. Why is this so bad ? I just don't get it. I do not feel any closer to my husband after sex than i did before we had sex. I mean you just lay there with someone and get used for fun then go to sleep i'm not sure how that is influencing the importance of a relationship.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2012 in Relationships

• if you dont see where sex is important in the relationship, i honestly think yall are doing it wrong lol...EVERY relationship therapist will tell you that sex is one of the major parts in a relationship...and to work on the relationship, theres been the 30 day challenge, where the couple HAS to have sex every day or night, regardless of whether they want to or not....and everytime they finished the challenge, they were doing better....sex releases tension and i dont know about you but when i have sex with my S/O, its not just sex....its making love...i know, im corny...but it brings us closer.
    KayleesMommy89

Answer by KayleesMommy89 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• My husband is attractive physically and all I just have other things on my mind. Emotionally I feel bad after the deed is done I don't know why I just do :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• i don't know. are you not attracted to him?!? I love my husband and always want to jump his bones lol but.. that's just me!
    n8nnickmom

Answer by n8nnickmom at 7:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2012

• sex brings you closer to your partner and makes you feel connected to him/ her if i do not have sex with my husband for a few weeks it is because we are super busy with work , school work or the children and I have to admit I feel lonely and a little depressed to be so busy and I miss him!!
    n8nnickmom

Answer by n8nnickmom at 7:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2012

• You never mention how your HUSBAND feels about this. And his feelings do count here.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2012

• Sex hurts. If it felt good I'd do it all the time.

Staci if this is true you need to talk to your GYN. You can maybe find out why. It should not hurt.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Ah THERE"S the key, YOU have chosen not to. You are not communicationg to your hubby and he is not with you. You are using sex and comtrolling it. You need to talk to someone and I suggest quick because you are truly not seeing sex in a proper light. You and your hubby are not getting the benefits of marriage that you should be getting. You are only getting part of the package.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Having sex is a way to show your feelings towards each other, it's in no way to just "reproduce" have you considered going to therapy? It seems like you've some really big issues. And trust me your guy isn't going to stick around if you are refusing to be intimate and show him how you feel. I feel bad for him.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Sex is part the the marital contract. People can get divorced bc a spouse doesn't come up off that stuff. It's truly a breach of contract type of thing. As for relationships without marriage, it's not a legal thing but if you entered the relationship (in general) giving him the expectation of sex within the relationship then it's not quite right to with hold it. It should be discussed before getting serious bc it can be (and usually is) a deal breaker.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• As long as both of you are happy with your marriage the way it is, it doesn't matter how much sex you have. If either of you are unhappy with your sexlife...then it could end up mattering a lot.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2012