bleeding during early pregnancy

i am 5 weeks pregnant and had brown discharge 13 days after ovulation for 5-6 days. I know everyone says brown blood is old blood, and not to worry, so when I had some brown discharge when I wiped, I didn't freak out. It went on for a few days brown, then turned pink, then red..
yesterday night it was red blood when i wiped and a little on undergarment. then it stopped today morning it was again red blood little more so i thought af has arrived . i dont have any pain or cramping.
and after 4 hours it was little on pad nothing in urine and no pain at all.
i normally bleed heavily during periods. can i still be pregnant or its a sign of early miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it can be a sign of a miscarriage but it can also be nothing at all.

i hear it so often on here that women had their period when pregnant. Yet i still know (from what my OB told me) that its never normal or good to have your period when pregnant. brown blood or red blood doesnt matter, blood is blood and it means that something isnt right.

women who have their period when pregnant usually need special care and you should go see your doctor AFAP!

i had a miscarriage without any bleeding and without any cramps or pain whatsoever.

please make sure you get an ultrasound and vaginal check up at your OBs.

its better to be safe than sorry.

good luck to you and the baby!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You may have miscarried. I miscarried several months ago when I was also at around 5 weeks. I went in to see my obgyn after several days of bleeding. She did an internal ultrasound and bloodwork to confirm the miscarriage, and then more bloodwork a week later to follow up. I think you should cal your doctor and ask to be seen as soon as possible so that you'll know what's going on.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I had this with my third pregnancy. When we had intercourse, when I exercised and when I was dehydrated I would spot brown or red, have some blood here and there sometimes more than other times... I just had to relax and understand that I had a sensitive cervix the third time around.

Just watch for cramping (I had some but it was nothing.. ) heavy pain, heavy bleeding and such. Go to an urgent care or er if you feel that you need to. Either they will be able to help if something IS wrong or they send you home because nothing is wrong and you get to stop at the grocery store for ice cream since you are already out of the house, LOL.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 4:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009