How do you find motivation to clean?

Just wondering. Anything helps with me. I am so easily distracted, and my almost 3 year old seems to undo everything I do and helps to distract me lol.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Motivation? Company, lol.

Actually my DH is a neat freak so I try to keep things nice for him and the kids. I'm messy but I do like things clean. I just don't like to organize.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Invite someone over - that always makes me be sure to clean everything spotless!

Answer by missanc at 10:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2012

• I just hate mess.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• I only clean when I know I have company coming over LOL
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• My motivation changes. I used to make a pot of coffee and check my email. By the time I was done checking my email, I had enough caffeine in me to get it done. When that no longer worked, I bought a can of starbucks, chugged it and got the cleaning done. Most of the time, if I put on some upbeat music (country music for me), I want to get up and start dancing and then looking around, figure I can get some work done. Years ago, my mother got me hooked on Flylady. I no longer follow the website as I am not a SAHM. I am a single mom that works full time with a boyfriend that lives an hr away. But I do use one of her catch phrases and it seems to help. "I can do anything for 15 minutes except complain." I will literally set an alarm for 15 min and only work during that time. When the time is up, I'm either done or I look at what I have accomplished and decide if I have enough energy to reset the alarm.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2012