Evolution and the Big Bang "lies straight from the pit of Hell"

“All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, the Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell,” U.S Rep. Paul Broun said in an address last month at a banquet organized by Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Georgia. “And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

Broun, a medical doctor by training, serves on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

Speaking at Liberty Baptist Church’s Sportsman’s Banquet on September 27, he said that “a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth.”

More at the link, including a rebuttal by Bill Nye (yes, that Bill Nye).

Once again, I have to ask, who the hell is electing these psychos?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• throwing upangry

he should be kicked off that committee IMMEDIATELY! also, id like to see his Young Earth "proof".

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• VOTE. DEMOCRAT. PLEASE.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 4:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• VOTE. DEMOCRAT. PLEASE.

No thanks, I'll vote Johnson. The Dems are just a different flavor of crazy.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• surprised these kind of people are why i'd love to see the US split in 2,and those backward bible thumping psychos could self destruct and cease to exist. Refresh my memory,is is 2012,or 1012??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Gonna need receipts for that different flavor of crazy, girl, because nothing comes CLOSE to this BS.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 4:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• When 46% of the population believes in creationism, what do you expect?

Considering he's from Hartwell, a county that borders SC, I'm sure the % is a helluvalot higher.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• How the hell did someone like that get on that committee? This just blows my mind.

Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 4:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Gonna need receipts for that different flavor of crazy, girl,

Remember the original dem suggested health care plan? The one that sent you to prison (which is paid for by the taxpayers) if you can't afford health insurance and heat at the same time?

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• going crazy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• I will preface this with I do not happen to agree with him.

Do you think that everyone elected has to believe the same thing? Isn't that against the idea of freedom. Are they not allowed to speak their mind just because they are elected officials? Obviously someone thinks this man does a good job of representing what they belive in, whether they agree with this particular bit or not.

Just like anyone else he is a person of various ideas, not just one. Should he be hanged because you don't agree with one thing he says?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2012