Need an "outside" perspective...

Obviously I live in Colorado and hear Colorado news, but does it seem lately to any one OUTSIDE of Colorado that we are in the news a LOT more than usual? First with the wildfires all summer, then the Aurora Shooting incident, now with the Jessica Ridgeway case, and not to mention all the stupid political stuff and the first Presidential debate last week... I just feel like our beautiful state has been in the news too much for so many BAD things :( I hope its just me and not what it really looks like to everyone out of Colorado :-/

SO, what things has your state/area been in the news for lately? Good things I hope :)

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 6:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Except for the debates All the same is happening around here and other places. The criminals are on the lose, they say not enough police officers
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• We have family in CO so we keep an ear out so yeah, it's been frequent for several months..but not all stuff caused by ppl. Southwestern CO is included in the severe storm watch that was just issued. It happens.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• WA is still fighting wildfires. The most recent, and it's been a while now, was the guy accused of killing his wife in UT, moved the two young boys to WA, the dad/grandfather was accused and convicted of pornography and when the police closed in on the guy he killed the kids and blew up his house.

I don't remember the names now. I'm horrible at names.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Gods I love Google some days.
    Guy: Josh Powell
    Wife: Susan Cox-Powell
    Dad/Grandfather: Steven Powell, was convicted of voyeurism and sentenced to 30 months in prison.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Sorry here in CA
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• Rosehawk, yes I remember the Powell case...ugh another instance of despicable human beings and the innocent lives they destroy :(
    GrnEyedGrandma, we live in Southern CO so are expecting that big snow storm close to here too! My dad just went up hunting in the mountains too...hopefully he doesn't freeze :P
    DreainCO

Comment by DreainCO (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• We have that dumbf**k Paul Ryan from here

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• i haven't heard of jessica ridgeway, nor was i aware the debate was in Colorado. lol. guess i was more interested in the debate itself, rather than its location.
    locally, we were in the news for a handcuffed 17/18yo who died of a gunshot while in the backseat of a police car...and more recently, a R-rep made some comment about Dem party, likening them to ''Nazi-style political intimidation''..not sure what that was all about.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• OH is one of the battleground states in the election, so we get our fair share of political attention. Political ads, political calls, etc. It's annoying! Plus, OH & MI have a lot of the auto plants so they are in the focus b/c of the auto bailout - who wanted it, who didn't.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• IDK. Bad things happen all over the place. I don't look at the debate as a negative, it was just a location. It wasn't a tragedy or anything. The other things, sure they are tragedies but those things happen in other places too. But I can see how so much attention would be focused on local events and happenings.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2012