Is teenage pregnacy a social issue?

Im writing a Argumentative Research Paper for my english class and I kinda need help on what to say. Its kinda hard to decide on what to say and how to say it. just hoping I can get some help with it

littlemamma619

Asked by littlemamma619 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Well yes, I guess you could choose to write about the cons or the pros (cons would be easier) teenage pregnancy has had on the American society.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• I always start with definitions. So I'd begin with the definition of "social issues". I'd also narrow my subject to a particular level of teen and define that. My daughter was 13 when she got pregnant. I was 19 when I got pregnant. There is a major difference between the two. She was a minor and I was an adult but both considered teens. So for your paper purposes I'd define "teen". Then I'd answer the question personally followed by the reasons I came to my opinion, backed up by research I found to come to my conclusion

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• as long as they take care of it than its wonderful;
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 8:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• I think you would need to define it AS a social issue, identifying how it's a social issue (such as how our society/culture has contributed to it, has failed to support parents/families, or whatever point you want to explore.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• this is wat i have so far: Outline
    Thesis: Teenage Pregnancy has been going on for centuries, teenage pregnancy is being look at more now than before of the many situations and problems it’s causing.
    I.Teenage Pregnancy has been talked about for many years.
    A.Pregnancy Is common in teens that are female due to the lack of a father in the life.
    B.Alcohol has a big role in teenage pregnancy.
    C.Lack of knowledge in the end result of being pregnant.
    II.The associations of teen pregnancy
    A.Social issues
    B.Low educational level
    C.Poverty
    D.Aids/stds.
    III. The situation in which the female can be put in
    A.Left alone to take care of child.
    B.Caused to abort when being put in that decision.
    C.Cost of living increasing when child is born.
    D.The way of feeling left out or looked at wrong
    IV. Ways to prevent teen pregnancy
    A.Giving the people a better education.
    B.Can be supported b
    littlemamma619

Comment by littlemamma619 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• supported by their parents in any way necessary.
    C.Allowing the teens to get a better future.

im not sure if i should talk about when i got preg at what age and how im doing it or what i should do. any advise?
    littlemamma619

Comment by littlemamma619 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• To be completely honest, most teens get pregnant for attention and because they are dumb and want a baby and can't keep their legs closed. More often than not now its because they think they can get media attention for it now
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2012

• Don't forget the fact that some do this with the beleif that this will keep the relationship intact, and also because of the rules regarding age in aquiring birth control even though the teen is sexually active as well as the fact that the sexually active are getting younger and younger, they are still being told they need parental consent, and this is not a conversation most teens want to have with thier parents, and visa versa.
    DCR1

Answer by DCR1 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2012