Juice

I was just wondering at what age you can start giving your baby juices like apple juice and stuff like that.

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 3:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The WIC office gives coupons for juice at 7 months....
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 3:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• specific baby juice will tell you on the bottle/package what age is ok to feed it to them.

i have specific baby juice for our DD since she is 4-5 months old ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Okay googled it. . and have a couple links for you. I personally started giving my son juice at about 6 months and he didn't seem interested. I waited until almost 1 and tried again. He is 16 months old now and usually gets 4-6 oz in his sippy at snack time or if we are out and about. I don't buy special juice like gerber. My son gets what ever juice (except OJ) we have as long as it is pasturized. I just add about 50% water.

Dr. Sears - http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/T031400.asp

Baby Center - http://www.babycenter.com/0_age-by-age-guide-to-feeding-your-baby_1400680.bc

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My pedi said they can have juice at 6 months but just occasionally. Juice shouldn't be a daily drink for babies because of the sugar, even if you water it down. Juice to babies is like soda to us.
    Anonymous

• There's no hurry. Honestly, just wait, water and milk is best and enough. I didn't give DD juice until she was 13 months I think? They really aren't getting anything from juice that they aren't getting from milk and table food (if they are on solids)

And if you do get juice, make sure you are getting 100% fruit juice, and water it down to like 1 part juice, 5 parts water, at least.

HONEST KIDS makes the best juices, and no corn syrup or any of that crap.

Motts for kids makes a juice with 40% less sugar.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009