Anyone feel like meeting moms is like dating all over again?

I live in a small town were everyone who lives here was raised here, except me. I moved here when I was 5 months prego. When my daughter started daycare I kept running into this mom who has a son about my daughter's age, and she seemed to be about my age. I would awkwardly make conversation with her like I was a middle school boy. I told my fiance about my "mom crush" .. and the next time I saw her my fiance was with me and he blurted out that I wanted to meet up with her for a play date, and I wanted her number. So now I have her number and haven't called her yet bc I'm too nervous!! I'm such a dork. I don't know how to ask a mom out on a play date. Any suggestions and what's proper etiquette for mom play dating?? help!

Mom2vanna

Asked by Mom2vanna at 3:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have this same issue! lol hahahaha it DOES feel like dating all over again. or like you see each other and chat while dropping kids off at school and your thinking..."whats the next step in our relationship? lol
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I feel ya. Here is what I did. We moved to this town when my daughter started kindergarten. My daughter had made a friend in school and wanted to visit with her when school was out. I wrote a letter to the mom, whom I have never met, explaining that our daughters had become friends and my daughter wanted to see her during the summer. She called and we became friends after that.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• lol, thats funny and true! Maybe thats why I have so few friends, I never had to ask guys out and I damn sure dont know how to ask moms out!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i need to make some mom friends...like ones that i can see in person lol i just moved to a new town
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• lol i just moved to a new area... and i am going thru the same stuff...lol def. feels like dating sometimes :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• THAT'S my problem! I hated dating! LOL I couldn't figure out why I have such a hard time trying to make mommy friends. You just hit the nail on the head. =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree! I have lived in this state my whole life but all my friends have either moved or don't have kids. It is so hard to meet new moms and I feel so silly asking someone if they want to go on a play date. Oh it does feel like dating and I sucked at dating!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 5:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009