My hubby and I are trying to get pregnant once he's here for leave in October....I am concerned cause of my birth control???? Help?

I am on ortho-tricyclen..to maintain my endometriosis....My hubby really wants to have another baby...I am concerned for my health and that of the unborn baby cause our son who is now four..was born 6wks preemie...I don't know how often I am fertile/ovulate....PLEASE HELP!!!???

thetrivetts

Asked by thetrivetts at 7:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Make an appointment with a doctor and take a list of questions with you. There are so many options out there so find out what they are. Also just becuase one baby one premie doesn't mean the next one will be. My mom have 2 miscarriages, 1 premie baby and 3 completely healthy full term babies. Each and every pregnancy is different.

As far as your ovulation goes I HIGHLY suggest the book "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" It will completely inform you about your body and teach you how to track your ovulation.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Have you ever concidered getting a Surrogate Mother?? Genetically it would be you and your husbands baby but someone would carry it for you so their wouldnt be much complications
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think you better talk with the doctor who prescribed the birth-control for you. Other than that, my own experience is that I had to be off birth control for a full month before it was considered "safe" for us to get pregnant.  I've never had endometerosis so I am not sure if that will effect your pregnancy or how long you will carry your baby.
    MomMe4Two

Answer by MomMe4Two at 7:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would consult you Dr. Since you had a preemie before they may have you consult with a high risk physician.
    HannahEsmommy

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 7:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• First off I wish you all the luck in the world but there's so many options out there. You can get a surrogate mother like the first lady said or consult your dr like the other two ladies said. I wish you all the luck!
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 8:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Well I dont know... I just got pregnant while on birth control lol
    jasiramommy

Answer by jasiramommy at 1:58 AM on Jun. 20, 2008