• In the Spotlight:

Are we ALL socialists?

Read this. What do you think???

http://www.newsweek.com/id/183663

The government decides who gets the loans, the government decides CEO salaries, higher taxes, higher unemployment, and redistribution of wealth. The age of Capitalism and earning your own living is gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i totally agree with you. keeping the rich, rich and the poor, poor!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Scary ain't it?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Very sad. It is what the uneducated and lazy want so they are getting it.
    Anonymous

• The government will decide where you work and how many kids you can have before too long.
    They will control all slowly but surely as America hands over it's freedom that was bought with a price above money with prayer ,sweat, blood, and tears
    for exchange of false promises to fill the pockets.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i wish all you nuts would be shipped off to a REAL socialist country.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous :40 People don't know what is life like in socialist country
    Anonymous

• I haven't read it all (I have a 3year old always talking) but there is one statement so far that is misleading. Not wrong per se, but still quite misleading. It says, "The U.S. government has already—under a conservative Republican administration—effectively nationalized the banking and mortgage industries. " What about the passage under Carter's admin that started the whole sub prime mortgage mess? The federally mandated ruling that banks MUST make loans to people who could not afford them. What?? Intentionally give poeple loans that they cannot pay back? Does anyone else see ulterior motive here? I'l get attacked (maybe) for even daring to say it, but there is an unspoken belief among elite democratic circles that it is in the party's best interest to keep the poor poor. So now we have a Democratic president and democrat controlled congress and we are trying to spend $9 trillion that we don't have?!
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• For what it's worth, I just read that if the "stimulus bill" passes there are 20 states ready to declare their sovereignty and I live in one! YIPEE! I wish I knew what the details are with something like that, but what I read said that those states would return control to the state level and do away with federal control. It would be disheartening to not be the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA anymore, but something drastic has to be done, dontcha think?
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• People don't seem to completely understand what the word Socialist means
    Anonymous

• But we know that our country is losing it's long held independence-as individuals. We are moving to a larger government, with more controls. Every time we pass a law dictating this or that, we are moving closer to a socialist type of system. With each new law we take more personal responsibility away and entitlement thinking grows.
    Kelly913

Answer by Kelly913 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009