Mesh rings for self feeding?

I noticed last time I was at target that they have these mesh feeders I guess that you can put fresh fruit in so your LO can self feed. I was wondering how soon you moms used the mesh things for your LOs?

My daughter is just about 5 months and is eating cereal and some fruits and veggies, and we think she is teething (either that or she just really likes to chew on everything including the spoon I feed her with). And I thought she'd enjoy one of those, but I don't know if it's too early.

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 3:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not too early my son started at 4 months with those things and loves it!
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Try frozen fruit in one. It will help with teething.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Avoid bananas. . . they don't come out of the mesh very well. I ended up throwing one away because I couldn't get the banana out. I liked my Nuby one but couldn't find extra mesh bags. I would put frozen fruit (pears & peaches) in the little bag so my DS could suck/chew on it while teething.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• They are great for Frozen fruit
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 4:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I hated those things. It was a pain to clean and it was much easier just to put pieces out for him to pick up and put in his mouth anyway.

Although ....put an ice cube in it to help with teething...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I never put food in them. We also didn't give solids until 6 months but my son liked the social aspect of eating before he was ready. I'd put frozen breastmilk in it so he could 'eat' with us. It worked great!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I used them about 6 months. He loved it. I put biter biscuits in them. If I'd known about them earlier, I would've started that at 4 months! :)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 10, 2009