What is the appeal of American Idol?

I don't get how it is sooo popular and people talk about it like it's the only thing they can remember from TV. Most of the singers seem to think that making faces and singing wobbly, exagerated notes make them good or something, I think they suck. It's like more people know about what goes on American Idol than real news or current events. Sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its failure that captures people's attention, I like watching the audition parts the best haha

Anonymous

• Cheap entertainment??????
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 3:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• hmm...I wonder why failure is more entertaining then success?
    Anonymous

• i think its boring.. i only watch the first ones to get a laugh..
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• When you find out let me know...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Because it's a competition. Put a competition on tv and people will watch it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My parents are obsessed with it but I think it is boring! I don't get why so many people like it either.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 5:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• We like to watch the auditions. Just because some people are able to sing a song on Rockband or Guitar Hero on "expert" level, all of a sudden they think they are the world's greatest singer! Hilarious!

I admire the real talent, and it's neat to see how they progress throughout the competition.

I like the show, but I'm not neurotic over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2009