How did you...

meet your SO/DH? I'm a single mom and I live in a SMALL town that really has nothing to do. I don't know how to meet a good guy????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I met my husband at church.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 4:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh hon, i don't think there's any specific place.

I met my husband when I was in the Navy. We were both stationed on the same ship. We were introduced to one another because of a similar interest. We started hanging out and 2 months later I realized I had fallen in love. So had he.

The best way to meet someone is to get out there. He could find you at work, while out with friends, etc. In a small town it might be hard. But are there other towns near you that have fun things to do?

The trick is not to go out expecting to find someone. Just let it happen.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 4:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It will happen when you least expect it and where you least expect it. Just focus on yourself and children and everything else will fall into place.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• amethystrse Thank you that is wonderful advice :) And no there is no bigger towns around :(
    Anonymous

• I met my hubby in the lunch room at highschool... we miss school lunches
    Lauren1689

Answer by Lauren1689 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Church is a wonderful place to meet a nice man. It's also a nice place to meet other young moms.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You should first make sure you focus on making your own life good and happy so that when you do meet someone, he is a happy addition and not the sole reason for your happiness. That said - I met my boyfriend 2 years ago through the online personal site, match.com. I don't think the personals or any other method of meeting people is the magic formula. All places and things whether they be churches, classrooms, grocery store, bar, etc. - are tools for getting out there to meet someone you have something in common with. And when you are happy and fulfilled, you will meet others of like circumstance.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Im no help! Sorry, I met my SO at highschool and have been with him ever since! LOL!

Jalisasmommy

Answer by Jalisasmommy at 5:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• we met online in a Christian chatroom lol . pathetic i know :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i met mine in the army his room was across from mine in the barracks...
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2009