Daughter never sleeps all night!! HELP

Hello cafe moms I need help my daughter is 7yrs old, and she never sleeps all night in her bed,She starts there and by 1:00 or so she is in my room asking to sleep with me .Have any ideas??

Tammy1755

Asked by Tammy1755 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son does this too, I dont mind as much as I use to, but on the bright side it will end, my 9 year old sleeps in her room all night now.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have always believed that kids have a reason for their behavior. So what is the motive behind her coming into your bedroom? Is she not getting enough cuddle time during the day? Is it a habit? Is there something in her room that is making her uncomfortable?

My girls didn't sleep through the night until they were almost 6. They do have developmental issues so it was like they were 3 year olds. We never allowed them to sleep with us. But what it turned out to be for us is that they are over sensitive to cold. The regular sheets felt like ice to them. We switched to flannel and within a few days they were sleeping well.

So try to find out why she keeps up this behavior, and that will dictate your next course of action
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my son did this until a few months ago, i personally believe in my case that it was because he slept with me until he was about 6 months old. but yes, we did switch to flannel, but it was because it was on sale, didn't even think of that until i read teamquinn's post....interesting
    love.life

Answer by love.life at 7:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You can give her melatonin to help her sleep through the night. It's available at any pharmacy.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2009