Why is this even seeing a courtroom?

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

16 illegals are suing an Arizona rancher for detaining them while they were trespassing on his land. His ranch is on the border, and his property has been repeatedly vandalized and stolen, including having his cattle killed and his house broken into, but these 16 people are suing for violation of their civil rights because he held them at gunpoint (the 16 people trespassing on his property) until law enforcement/border patrol could arrive. The civil trial is going on this week. What an effective use of our tax dollars!

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They are lucky they didnt get shot. They were on private property and I for one KNOW if someones on my property in the middle of the night Im going to shoot first and ask questions later.

Answer by gemgem at 4:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Because people are sue happy

Answer by gemgem at 4:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• how the heck are ILLEGALS being able to sue? what freakin rights do they have? omg... u got to be kidding me... they dont stand a chance... if he had no trespassing signs up and they did, then they are the ones that should get into trouble...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I am sure the ACLU is involved.

Or how about the cases where illegals have died of dehydration in the desert and their families file suit because the US government didn't 'provide' water in remote places where people who shouldn't have been there in the first place died? That one really turns my crank.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• WHAT? QuinnMae.. did they win that case?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Heck the way this screwed up system is, the rancher will probably be the one getting in trouble. I prob would have shot each of there toes off and made them swim back across the border. No just kidding. But this is a real problem for the bordering states. My husband worked for a while on a ranch on the Texas Mexico border, and he said that they would swim the river and break in the houses during the day while everyone was out working and steal all kinds of crap and just walk across the property like there was nothing wrong. But then again border patrol gets in trouble too for taking action against the illegals when they are running from them of putting them in potential harm. It is a terrible system, and there really needs to be something done and not to the rancher.
    Anonymous

•  Americans complain about everything! I bet if the "American" was suing it would be a OK,LMaooo

Anonymous

• Yea it would be ok if the American was suing because it was his land they were trespassing on. Of course he probably couldn't sue them for some reason the ACLU would come up with.
    Anonymous

• He should have called the cops to report them. To keep anyone at gun point-citizen or not-is not right.
    Anonymous