Anyone drive a Hyundai??? We need a carseat!!!

Our son has grown out of his carseat and we are having trouble finding a new one!! We bought one (Cosco but can't remmeber which one) and what was weird is it fit in my MIL Elantra that in older model but not our 2008 Elantra. So we just bought the Cosco Alpha Omega and we can't get it tight and secure enough in our car. Anyone know of any carseats that will work in our car?! Please help!

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 4:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• good luck finding one we have the same kinda car and we cant find one anywhere that will fit in the back seat we had to go out and buy another car so i seat would fit in it
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i would go to your local fire department and see if they can get it to fit and if they cant then see if they can suggest one that will fit. i would also check this website http://www.usa.safekids.org/index.cfm and see if there is a program near you that you can go to. they will help you get what you need.
    twingirls2007

Answer by twingirls2007 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my sons car seat wouldnt fit in my ford focus so we bought a minivan lol sorry im no help
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have a Hyundai Tiburon - it's smaller than the Elantra - we had the same problem when we tried fitting our Graco seat in there. I did some research online and found that the really small ones are super expensive. I just bought an Evenflo Discovery 5 model because it was the smallest one I could find under $100. It is still a tight fit (only short people can ride passenger if I have the baby with) but it works. If I could have afforded a new car - believe me, I would've gotten one! If you are able to purchase a more expensive seat, I belive Chico has some smaller models. I know that Babie R Us sells them, and I think that Target sells them online.
    beekergirl

Answer by beekergirl at 6:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• FF or RF???

I think the Sunshine kids radian is a pretty compact seat as well. they sell radian 60 and radian 80 (one goes up to 60 lb, one to 80.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• He is still rear facing, he is only 9 months old. Our car is brand new so having to buy a new car really is out of the picture I guess. We bought this car a few months before for the sole purpose of something reliable for the baby when he came!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I"m not sure about having the rear facing convertible, I remember that they fit wierd in every car.. maybe put it behind one of your seats to that it is wedged or something?? But hey I noticed you live in Windsor.. I'm in Vernon/Tolland and wanted to say hi!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009