What can I make for my husband to take to lunch?

He works outside away from any microwave or fridge.. and doesnt have much time to eat.. Id like to fix him somewhat healthy foods, and he is tired of sandwiches.. any ideas??

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 3:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2012 in Food & Drink

• You can buy some of those little thingeys that you freeze and use them to keep almost anything cold for several hours. And you can buy insulated thermos thingeys that will keep almost anything hot for hours. The purchase of those items would give you almost limitless possibilites. He could take soup or chilli or any kind of a salad. This is how we did it before microwaves and those items are still available.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• I know that you said he is tired of sandwiches but mix it up with different types of bread and meat. For one lunch, I might have a sandwich on a spinach tortilla wrap and the next day I might bring a sandwich with sweet Italian bread.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• my husband rarely takes a meal because the fridge/cafeteria are SO FAR from his office but occasionally I get him cold chicken strips , they're usually near the lunch meat and hot dogs I think. they also make cold STEAK strips, which he prefers of course. sometimes he'll dip them in mustard (easy packs from deli or burger king) and once in a while mixed in a cold pasta or cold noodle salad.

lots of fruit, several bananas. sometimes on his way to work he'll grab a subway sandwich made in a way where it wont be soggy but he too tires of sandwiches easily
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• cold soup, sandwiches without lunchmeat- pulled pork or tuna, cold pasta salad?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• pasta, soup, fried chicken strips - tortiilas, cheese, lettuce - he can make chicken wraps, fruit, raw veggies with ranch for dipping, salad with meat
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• Wraps, pasta salad (w/out mayo).
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• Olive oil based pasta salads or potato salad with your choice of meat (chicken cubes, ham, steak strips, etc.)
    Summer rolls and peanut sauce (choice of chicken, beef, seafood or pork for the meat)
    Mediterranean Pita Pocket w/store-bought hummus or fresh mozzarella and basil
    Cut fruit, cheese and crackers
    Wraps instead of sandwiches (filled with chicken salad, deli meats, veggies, etc)
    Cold pizza
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2012