Plz help me with this , do u think it is right for 4th grade students or for any grade?

this is wat the assigmnet says:

the children should read 25 to 30 min every day. they are required to read a total of 20 books in the school year. the first 10 books are due at the end of january, the next 10 are due in june . A paragraph summary is required for each book. PLUS monthly book report projects will also be given.

now my daughter has 3 books in her back bag she read the first 10 pages from each . and she got the monthy book to start with now and to make a book report for november. is this crazy because my daughter is over whelmed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• I helped in the other question that Crafty linked.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2012

• You can ask this question as often as you like my advice will remain the same - encourage her to read, help her organize her reading, tell her how good it is for her and her future. Do not tell her how unfortunate she is, how unfair all this work is, how difficult it is or you will raise a whiney child who thinks the world is out to get her and who doesn't ever make an effort to get on.

How she survives this is entirely up to you and the attitude you choose to adopt.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• PS - we make progress by pushing back our limits not by saying "aw shucks" and throwing in the towel...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Instead of being overwhelmed, she just needs to do one thing at a time. There's no reason why she can't do a summary AND a book report on the same book. 10 books for the first half of the year isn't a big deal. My daughter is also in 4th grade. She has to read for 30 minutes a night AND write a summary every single night. Plus book reports each month. It's really not that big of a deal.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2012

• My kids were never readers and that assignment would have turned them off from school. I do think it's a tad much. Talk to the teacher and if she is overwhelmed let the teacher know. We modified assignments all the time with my kids.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2012