Do you use cloth diapers? Why or why not? If yes, have you ever used a diaper service?

MaMaMo531

Asked by MaMaMo531 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I have been for the last two years. I feel they are better for baby, the environment and my wallet :-) And no, no service. I prefer to wash them myself.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes, use cloth (we call them nappies).

Why;
    They save money, are easy to wash, easy to dry, look cuter than disposables, better for environment, and I just like them better.

No, never used a service.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No, I personally think they're gross but that's just my belief. I feel that store diapers pull the moisture away from the area better than cloth. I also think that if you're using a service then "saving" money goes out the window. I also think that washing them in the same washer I wash my clothes in is gross
    Anonymous

• Yes I use them but have never used a diaper service although it sounds quite appealing - would probably give it a try if I could justify it. :)

Washing my diapers doesnt really take much effort. Two seconds to put in a machine and then two mins to hang out...every 2 days.

I really prefer them to disposables. I find doing the washing and drying a lot easier than having a bin full of disposables..dont ask me why I just do!

To anonymous..I dont think its a good thing to wick the moisture away - especially when its with chemicals..its apparently suppose to be easier to potty train because your child will feel the wetness against their skin. You dont in disposables.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I do. I only started using with my second child, and not until around 13/14 mos. I love them. They save me a lot of money. I do not use a service, as I have a washer and dryer in my home.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009