how do i feed my child?

hi, I have 4 years old boy.I am trying to feed him all the day.I cooked everything whatever he likes but he dont want to eat anything.He only dring milk , juice and yougert...He used to eat beans and toast and fish fingures first but now a days he doesnt eat anything.If i dont ask him to eat he will never tell me that he is hungry.I am really worried about him.i tried lot of thing but nothing works till now.pls if u have any ideas then help me .......thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Set certain times to eat every day. With my son its breakfast at 8, snack at 10, lunch at 12, snack when he wakes up form his nap and dinner at 7. He should get into the schedule of eating at those times and if he doesnt want to eat, dont force him. and don't just let him eat what he wants, give him what he needs. Another thing you can try is make the meal fun. You can get plates for him that have pictures at the bottom, so that when he eats everything he gets to see the picture. Or let him help you make his meal, even if its just getting some of the items you need. Kids usually enjoy things they helped make.
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 5:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• He will eat when he's hungry. He will not let himself starve. I would suggest not giving him the above named foods (except milk) until he's hungry enough to eat. He cannot be getting all he needs nutritionally from the above foods you named. He does it because he knows that you will give him what he wants. Make an appointment with his pediatrician
    Anonymous

• Offer him fruit...

He will eat when he is hungry. Just have trust him in that he knows his own body.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• stop feeding him all day. Set a time for breakfast, lunch and dinner and set snacks. If he doesn't eat at those times let him know the next chance for food is in 2hours and he will not get anything until then. He'll eat when he's hungry.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• try to put him on a schdule.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009