Pronouncing letter S.

My DD is 28mo. and she cannot pronounce her S's... Is this normal? Or should she be able to by now?
(words like saturday, cindy, sesame st., sweets, spongebob)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hi some toddlers can pronounce the letter s. It is normal. My 2 year old can say the letter s it was the easiest letter for him to pronounce. But he has trouble with other letters. But I wouldnt worry too much but if it will ease your mind speak to either a docotor or health nurse. But as ling as she is trying to pronounce words even with the letter s she should be ok.
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Soryy I meant some toddlers *cant* not can.
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My 2 year old can say her name perfect (Shaylee) other S words can be hard for her she can't say spongebob she calls him Pongebob.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 5:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• We were careful for both boys to encourage correct pronunciation. We didn't ever mimic mis-pronouncings, no matter how cute. We would repeat the word with the correct way of saying it. I don't know if it was because of this but neither child had trouble pronouncing, where some other children in the neighborhood did have trouble. -It could be unrelated to our working with our children that they could speak all the letters.

Answer by Bmat at 6:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2009