On Depo could i be....

I have been on depo for 6 years and have never had a problem or concern about being pregnant. Until the last year i didn't have a regualar partner, but now i do and am concern that i could be pregnant. But i am starting to have symptoms and i haven't had my period since i started the depo. So i am planning on taking a test but i am wondering how long i should wait??? i am due for my shot next week!!!!

kris4justin

Asked by kris4justin at 4:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got pregnant on the depo with my first son and i had been on it for 4years at that point. Id take a test now and if you are still unsure have another test done befor you get your next shot. it could be nothing.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• wow I didn't think anyone was even on depo anymore after all the side affects. I would take one before you get your next shot because if you are it can terminate your pregnancy. I wasn't on it but I had a sibling and a friend on it. I know someone else who was on it for 3 years and now that she's trynna concieve and now she can't. I would suggest that you take a test before your next shot though.
    Anonymous

• Thanks i just think its weird never had an issue and now 6 years later i am having symptoms...
    kris4justin

Answer by kris4justin at 5:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• They will test you at your next shot to make sure there is no pregnancy. But dont freak, i took the shot for 4 years and stopped having a period after one months. That is the only think I miss about the shot.
    Hjett

Answer by Hjett at 5:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• they never tested me to see if i was preg before i got my next depo.
    I never had a period while on it
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2009