How big is your house and ...

how long does it take you to clean?
Do you do it all at once or pace yourself?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I have a 3 bed, 2 bath house (about 1450 sq feet) and I clean a little each day...but honestly, lately it has only been keeping up with laundry, dishes, cat box, and toilets. Today we ALL worked on it for about 3 hours (2 of the kids, DH, and I), and it isn't anywhere near spotless by any means. I work 2 jobs, DH works from the time I get home until well after midnight and we homeschool, and those are the priorities. I try to keep it at a level that I wouldn't be ashamed if someone came to the door, but it's been on the edge for the last couple weeks LOL!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• We have a four bed 3 bath house. I just take my time to clean because its never really trashed ( like today ugh) it takes me about a hour to do everything.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• 3900 sq. ft. plus some. I clean a few rooms a day, although I have sayed away from the kid's rooms too long.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• I do general every day and more concentrated on one room each day (bathroom(s) count as one. I do laundry every other day.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• My house is under 600 sq ft and I have to clean every day - otherwise the house looks trashed. Somedays it takes very little time, other days when there is more clutter (aka kids junk) it takes longer.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• Our house in WA (with my ex ) was 5800 sq ft. Now my house in TX feels tiny 2400 sq ft but I also have a small cottage in WA that is 1450 sq feet. I feel like I clean about 2 hours a day and more on the weekend.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• where im living now it is 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, my parents have a maid evey other week ,when i clean it does not take that long bc we try pick up after us
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 2:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• we have a little over 3000sq ft, 3br, 3 bath, LR, Den, Kitchen, Laundry room then garage turned apt for MIL which is LR/Kitchenette and bedroom.

I literally clean main LR and kitchen daily the rest of the rooms just need a pick up here and there along with a good bathroom cleaning once a week
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• 1780square feet. Only 2 people live here. We are not that dirty. I clean it by the room. When I feel the need to.
    I was off today and did a lot of cleaning. I was in the mood.

Answer by louise2 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• 985 sq ft, 2 bd/2bath. Our main issue is clutter since we are packed in here and my girls have way too many toys. It takes a couple of hours for a through cleaning. 30 min or so to tidy up.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2012