Has anyone ever questioned their own marriage after a friend's marriage falls apart?

Has anyone ever had a friend who has been cheated on and it made you wonder about your own marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• all it does is make me squeeze my man a little tighter and thank God for a wonderful husband.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No because I know what i got :)

But it does make me question other marriages...Hmmm! (People that I know of)

sarcasm

Anonymous

• One of my best friend's marriage fell apart about 4 years ago and at that point I did start to question my own marriage. I didn't question whether he'd been unfaithful. What bothered me at the time was that I realized I wouldn't have cared if he had. It took me a couple of months to get it but I had to think back to when we first met and to how wonderful I thought he was at the time. I asked myself what had changed in that time and when I couldn't find the answer I told him I wasn't happy and if he wanted our marriage to work then he had to be willing to go to marriage counseling. It saved us. He hadn't seen how truly UNhappy he was and it opened my eyes to what had changed so we could both start working on fixing it. Although it was sad to see my friends' marriage torn apart, it actually helped me to see how unhappy I was at the time and now we have a wonderful, honest, workable marriage.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2009