tips on the gross part of cloth diapers?

anyone have any tips on how to clean them between wash cycles? i mean, so i dont have a stinky diaper sitting in the basket all day? p.s. what to do when shaking it into the toilet isnt working very well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put the entire diaper in the toilet and wash it out by rubbing the fabric against itself.
    Anonymous

• make sure you have a good paper liner.

rinse under a tap if the toilet doesnt work.

soak in water before putting in washing machine.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• add a cottojn wool ball with lavendar oil on it to the lid of your bin.
    keyaziz

• Continue to shake it off in the toilet then rinse it off with some soapy water then wring it and open to half dry it or until you are ready to wash. Just make sure all of the poop is gone. (of course).

Notice the color I picked for my response.....lol

bouncing

Anonymous

• i do what the first poster said
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I just got a pail that held odors well(it's a little white garbage can that snaps closed on the sides from walmart). I also mix some baking powder with essential oils to sprinkle over them occasioanll. Works fine, you can't smell a thing here.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• some people use a small piece of tp and pick it off or you can use a scrapper type thing. A stick lol
    Anonymous

• thanks guys and so im assuming you should wear gloves for all the scrubbing lol. some of the answers confused me though like if you just put it in the bin with odor eater type things, do you just put the poo in your washing machine? it needs to be rinsed first right?
    Anonymous

• do you just put the poo in your washing machine? it needs to be rinsed first right?

Newborn poop doesn't need to be rinsed first...well, BF newborn poop. I haven't CD'd a FF baby but I do know their poops aren't the same and can often be balls and turds(I have FF a baby before). That I'd put in the toilet, ick. But once they are older and the poop is solid, yes it does. My son is 23 months and it's pretty simple to just knock it into the toilet if I'm fast enough. If not, I get it off with toilet tissue then toss it in.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I rinse what I can't shake in the toilet under the faucet. I don't wear gloves, but I do thoroughly wash with soap and water when I'm done.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009