Im so grossed out...

I took My 18 month old son and a boy that i babysit (7 years old) to the elementary school across the street from my house. Well they were playing and we all go towards the drinking fountains and on the spout is a CONDOM! What the heck??? The 7 year old plays with it and says whats this? I said that is not something we play with and very gross and I tell him to wash his hands in the fountain which he doesnt do a very good job at...My first question is if there was anything on it can he or my son get anything? And also What are some nasty things you found at the playground?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was younger, a little girl that I went to school with would play with cat poop.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I found panties. My son came and got me and pointed at it. We landed up leaving. If I were you I would call the school so maybe the teachers can look outside b4 recess.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should have taken them home so that he could have washed his hands properly with soap and water. Just rinsing with water won't do anything if the condom had been used. You should tell the kid's parents so they are aware of it just in case something was on/in the condom and the boy gets sick.
    Anonymous

• At my Elm school a few kids and I found a crack pipe
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 5:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I found a condom at the little park next to my house as well last summer. I also see glass on the ground sometimes I guess from teenagers drinking there during summer nights. It is gross. On a lighter note a few years ago I found a $20 bill on the ground there and was happy. My kids are 11 and 8 and when they were younger I used to pick up the glass and throw it out. Otherwise it's not all that bad. Teens also write graffiti on the play equipment and if my kids ask what it means I say I don't know.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 5:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I did take them home! He said i already washed them. ahh no! i made him scrub them in front of me.
    Anonymous

• A used condom in the bushes....grossthrowing up

Anonymous

• Sorry, but you don't want to know what people do in park, school yard, etc. I have always kept my kids away from drinking fountains. A little town in Nebraska spread mono to all the residents through the drinking fountains. But, I don't think there is really anything to worry about, a condom on a drinking fountain didn't contaminate via blood pathogens.
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 6:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I've found a condom in the park too.When I shared the story with some girls in my class one of them didn't seem surprised and admitted her and her boyfriend have had sex in the park! Then her and her friends started laughing like it was funny. How about gross! And if you're gonna have sex in a park at least throw your condom away! One of my nephews also found a syringe and thank God he didn't stick himself!!
    Anonymous

• the public pool that my kids play in and only kids can play in, sometimes has bandaids floating in it lol, gross to see but it does get filtered.

since he did wash his hands, nothing contagious will get to him. he didnt get poked or it didnt have blood on it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009