Am I over-reacting?

My husband has been talking to an old friend (fe-male) on Myspace, I have problems with her in the past, and I saw an e-mail he sent her today, saying that he thinks her cousins are hott, and then she replied saying "Yeah alot of people think we look alike" and then before I could read it, he deleted the reply he sent back to her. I got really upset, 1. because I am pregnant and feel really fat and ugly right now, and 2. Because I know him and this girl had a small thing a long time ago.
He thinks I am over-reacting, and reading to much into it. What do you think, am I being a baby, or should I stand tall on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• He shouldn't be talking to other women like that in the first place. I don't think that you are over reacting at all. There's something called faithfulness and even flirting through MySpace and emailing can be dangerous. He needs to stop doing it. It's totally disrespectful to you and your marriage.
    Anonymous

• No you are not and I agree with the first anon
    Anonymous

• i dont think you are over reacting. i think its disrespectful for him to be talking like that to another female.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If you were over reacting he would not have had to delete the reply. Agree with 1st comment as well.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You are not over reacting. He is playing with fire. My husband said something wise to me early in our relationship about "flirting," as I was always a flirter and thought it "harmless." He said, "I always act with other women as if you were standing there right beside me. If I find myself doing or saying something I wouldn't say in front of you, I know it's wrong."
    I found that to be quite profound and have abided by it ever since.
    It's extra uncool what he's doing because you are pregnant and extra-vulnerable. Time to log off of MySpace, imho.
    Anonymous

• It is In no way Acceptable and you are not over-reacting. If the tables were turned he would not think it was appropriate for you to interact with another male in the same way. My Philosophy is do not do what you do not want your significant other to do. Let him know how you feel, if it doesn't stop leave him, even if only for a week or so. Let him know that you are serious and you will not stand for it anymore. Don't just say you will leave, actually leave, and make him see that you are not playing games.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 5:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No no it sounds suspicious and he sounds guilty.

Sorry you asked, sometimes the truth could right in front of our face and we never notice.

He has NOOOOO Business talking to this or any woman regardless the past.

Anonymous