How old should an infant be to have juice and what kind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think my son was around 4 or 5 months when i started giving him juice. and i gave him apple
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Pear juice, it will help with BM's and ask your pedi. You should mix it with water too.

Anonymous

• However old they are when you want to start giving it (I would dilute it and wait until 6 months, personally), but you don't have to give it. It's not a necessary part of their diet.

I pretty much stuck with Juicy Juice....we were on WIC at the time and it was one I didn't have to go searching for on the shelves or in the freezer! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Babies do not NEED juice. They are better off without it until they are older. all it does is promote tooth decay. IF you HAVE to give it to them give them 100% juice and dilute it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• There is no need for juice. The new pediatricians tend to tell everyone to wait as long as possible to introduce juice into the diet as a regular thing. There have been way too many studies linking early introduction of juice and obesity. I waited until almost 3 yrs old to introduce juice.

Anonymous

• No infant should have juice. Toddlers should wait and have just a little diluted juice when they're older.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My pedi gave me the go ahead at 4 months and told me NOT to dilute it but to use 100% juice.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:51 AM on Feb. 10, 2009