Friendship question

So I have a freindship that I'm questioning. I feel she's a little jealous of me. She's very fun to hang out with but she always throws out low blows. We were both young moms her relationship didn't last mine has. I'll say oh my dh surprised me with whatever then somewhere in a few minutes shell try and say something negative about being married. We went out I dance but I don't dance nasty with men, she's in a relationship but shell say oh that's why I won't get married I do what I want when I want. In Reality I really wouldn't dance like that with a man period married or single. I have been working out and eating healthy. So shell say things like a married man should be happy with who he's with, if a mans not happy with my body he can leave. my dh thinks I'm a nut I'm the one who doesn't like myself naked lol I get mad and ignore her because even though she's in a new relationship I feel she's hurt about the one that didn't last. She does it so much that I don't know if she's doing it because she's hurt or to be rude because I'm happy. What should I do? I just feel like she's negative and I don't want negativity in my life. We have fun but when she acts like that it makes me not want to be friends.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 10:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2012 in Relationships

• have you told her? if her friendship means that much to you, you need to have a serious discussion about how you're feeling when she says those things. she may be bitter and jealous, and not realizing her words are cutting.
    if you can't discuss this with her and come out on a good note, i'd lessen my time spent with her. no need to have negativity in your life.
    let her be a partypooper to someone else.

(btw..i had no idea you were so young!! i totally thought we were about the same age. LOL! sorry, you're not old like me!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• Have you talked to her about it?
    That would be my first step but to be honest, it is hard enough to have a positive attitude with out the negative influences. I think I would try to find others who are more upbeat. I am not saying leave her behind, though eventually you may, but maybe add others to your list of people to do things with.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• you know she is negative, she makes comments that hurt you or feel like burns, whether she does it intentionally or not -do NOT put up with that shit in your life, it's too short -young mom-old mom - I refuse drama - you have a right to be happy and surround yourself with positive p\eople who appreciate that
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• She may not realize she's doing it. It may be her way of subconciously making herself feel better about all the things she's jealous of you for. And she probably is jealous but doesn't necessarily mean to bring you down. Find a way to bring it up gently, and if she gets nasty or defensive then make your next move, because at least you tried.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• its a compliment. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• it sounds typical. been there.But like tthe other ladies have said, you could bring it oup to her but in a joking manner that she needs to bring it down a notch and just keep her neg. opinions at bay......
    jossstone1969

Answer by jossstone1969 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• You answered your own question. You don't want negativity in your life and she is negative. Get her out of your life.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Not yet, I know it's going to happen I'm just dreading it. I'm usally not a door may but her relationship was very bad. He's not helping wth the lo and I get why she's bitter but it's not okay to take it put on me.

@ dull thanks I'll take that as a complement? Wiser than my years, hopefully you didnt judge my age by my looks lol
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• misery loves company just tell her flat out you dont appreciate it and you're trying to be a friend to her but that doesnt mean that she needs to crush your relationship with your DH. Dont let what she says get under your skin...remember...MISERY LOVES COMPANY
    NotUrKidsBestie

Answer by NotUrKidsBestie at 11:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2012