Has any one noticed the double standards???

I have noticed that men are constantly being called crappy fathers, crappy husbands, dead beat dads. but if a woman choose not to take care of her kids or pay her child support then it is ok because she is a woman.

Also when a teacher has a relationship with a student and it is a male teacher he gets the book thrown at him, but if it is a female teacher doing the same thing she gets a slap on the wrist.

why is this and why are we ok with it??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 6:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• READ THIS IF YOU FEEL OTHERWISE,EXPERIENCED ON THIS VERY TOPIC.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1147885/Cops_Cps_school_Court_Guardian_ad_litem_do_nothing_Despite_danger_to_lives
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have never heard of it. A crappy parent is just that-not limited to the man or the woman.
    Anonymous

• I have wondered the exact same thing. Everyone assumes that women are still the victim, even if they are the agressor.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• IDK either
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yea it is discrimination and sexism. Women that do not pay child support are deadbeat moms.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's ok if a woman doesn't take care of her kids and alot of people I know agree with me. I've seen pictures of "deadbeat mothers" who are behind on their child support so I think it goes both ways.
    Anonymous

• if a woman didnt take care of her children she would be a crappy mom.... and the thing with the teachers... i dunno for an older man teacher to sleep with a student is creepy and preverted...while with a woman.. i dunno... i guess that one is a double standard... but i dont agree with the parent one
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't agree with you .Maybe is just the state were I live but you will not get any special treatment from police,court system .........When you did your crime you will pay for it.
    Anonymous

• I see the double standard. When a woman kills her husband she cries abuse and walks away. Mary Winkler. She killed her husband and her children saw his body. She did it in cold blood and other than a few relatives no one ever saw any abuse. She screwed up their finances more than he knew they were and she took care of him. She has her girls back. Imagine the fear those girls must live in. They piss mommy off will she kill us? So sad. A man in the same situation would be on death row and never see his kids.

A woman kills her children she is excused by other women. They say she must of had PPD or PPS. A man does it he is a monster. The truth is they both are monsters.

Women do serve less time for the same crimes. People feel sorry for women in prison since they cannot see their kids. I don't you do the crime man or woman you don't deserve your kids. And right should be severed.
    Anonymous

• YES,,I agree with you..Have you noticed on CM step parents are all that and cookies too? The BM is just crumbs? Why should the BD pay child support he has NEW kids to raise? Come on people get a grip.... It is diffently a double standard...........
    pride4mom

Answer by pride4mom at 7:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2009