13 week old baby girl refuses to be with anyone but me (not even dad) HELP!

Hey mama's I have my 13 week old little one she only wants to be with me or around me at all times. Im a stay at home mama right now, and I am breast feeding her she is a happy baby as long as I am right here with her. I feel horrible when her grand mama's go to hold her and I'm waiting for the scream that I know is sure to come. I enjoy her company and it feels great that she wants me but I feel it is to early for her to be this way. Pleas help any info would be greatly appreciated. And one last thing she dose enjoy being with her Aunt only other person who can hold her and she will not cry.

Mayahsma

Asked by Mayahsma at 2:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd did the same thing. Even if all I did was go to the kitchen, or in the next bedroom. Little ones have no concept of time it's all the same to your baby. You've disappeared, and she will do whatever he or she can to prevent this from happening. But if you come running back into the room every time she cries, she will learn this tactic works, and do it all the time, she will continue to use this tactic to avoid separation from you. It does pass! Then when she is in her teens, she will want you to leave!!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• Thank you I was feeling like this was not common at all since all I find is info on babys starting at 6 months and up going thru this.And thank you I had a feeling that is her tactic smart baby lol I do come running back to her because I cant stand to hear her cry and the tears o'my , I want my over welming need to stop her crying to pass because I knw she dose it for that reason but it makes me sick to my stomach to hear her go on and on. Any idea how long it takes for that phase to end.? Because between the crying and breast feeding I dont do anything else at all and im starting to feel trapped in my home.
    Mayahsma

Comment by Mayahsma (original poster) at 4:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• My youngest was like this too. I kept trying to hand her off to my husband, mom or mil for a few minutes at a time. I also got a small silkie blanket I wore under my shirt for a while and then would give her so she has my smell. It seemed to help. I have heard of people wrapping their baby in a tshirt they had worn for the same purpose. This phase does pass!

Answer by missanc at 6:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2012

• This is normal stuff. NOT doing this would be far less common. Nothing here to worry about, really. If grandma is a constant presence, then soon enough baby will be fine without you around. I'd just hand baby to grandma and go shopping. Seriously. been there, done that.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2012

• normal just make sure she can see you when she is being held by others and talk to her maybe hold her hand too while others are holding her and it can get worse I held my son constantly when he was a baby and didn't even own a bouncer seat or entertainment seats for him as he was growing up so he wouldn't let me put him down for a second to clean the house ( we had a maid) and I co slept with him because he cried so bad when I put him down to sleep in his crib.... my mom said he was the fussiest baby she had ever seen and I was only 16 when I had him so I wasn't very educated on babies and no one was there for me to help me out!
    n8nnickmom

Answer by n8nnickmom at 6:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2012