what should i expect?

im being induced on friday at 36w2d for medical reasons so plz dont bash. i got the steroid shots at 33 weeks. i was checked last week and was 1cm and 60 percent effaced...today i was 2cm and 70 to 80 percent...what should i expect to be done on friday? im very nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was induced too. i went in at like 5 in the morning. they hooked me up to meds and i just layed there. they had to break my water around 10 a.m. i got the epidural before i was in too too much pain (imma crybaby lol). but my inducing med (sorry cant spell) wore off bc of the epidural so they had to up it. and at 8:42 that night i gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby boy.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• good luck momma!! post pics when you can and give us all an update! :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I assume they will break your water (a HORRIBLE experience for me at least) and see how you come along with dialation. They might also start you on Pitocin, a contraction-inducer. Depending on how much you asre willing to feel, you can opt for an epidural right away which will take the pain away... or go more natural. Either way, I wish you the best. Enjoy every minute.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• by the way-if they have to break your water it doesnt hurt its just gross. it feels like you are peeing all over yourself and you cant get it to stop. if you have any other questions-feel free to send me a message
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• they started me on the meds and i was not aloud an epidural until i was 4 centimeters and after 15 hours of labor and not dilating they gave me the epidural and it was really easy from there when i got to a five they broke my water. it smells kind of like cooked cabbage.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Have you asked about the method? There are different ways to go about this, what you can expect might vary.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• When they induced me with my son I was so nervous to meet him that I didn't sleep 2 days before and I was up for 3 days after NO SLEEP.. So please try for some sleep!! It went easy for me I was started on pitocin at 730 and he was born at 123pm just a whoping 4-5 hours later.
    JUST GET SOME SLEEP YOU WILL NEED IT
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 7:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009