Well...I voted for hope and change

I see the change but still not hope. My dh recently got laid off and we are really struggling. Wouldn't a check help more than the lower tax?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• it would only be a short term fix for a long term situation
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• These stimulus checks might work if the money was going soley to the people...the individuals who need it, but it's not. They're "bailing out" multi-billion dollar companies that screwed up and/or were corrupt.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i think that a check would help for short term but it might be enough to help those who are really needing it so they can find a job with out having to worry if they are going to be homeless.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• voted for words? sorry
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You know I think if America would be the Great God fearing America it started from neighbors would care when one of their fellow citizens were laid off and pitch in.It doesn't all depend on Obama it is each one of us that can bring change for good and hope.Getting back to the roots of our faith and being a compassionate people again.What does a can of food from each neighbors pantry really going to set them back.Then we wouldn't have people crying to the government for help in their desperation.When we have brothers and sisters to surround us that can help.Taxes could be lower for all. And bless all in return for looking out for each other.I sorry for your news Pm me if you like.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• What is a DH? I can't figure it out and someone kept saying it in a letter to me. Dead husband? I don't know.. I don't know about this whole stimulus thing but I tell you, these are multi billion dollar companies that screwed up and get bailed out.. I screwed up a credit card and got it to $400 and another two to $300. Someone want to bail me out since mine is so low?
    Mom2three050607

Answer by Mom2three050607 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Most people paid bills or saved stimulus checks last year. That did nothing to STIMULATE the economy. Checks are just a bad idea.

Plus, how does borrowing money (from lets say....) China do us, the USA any good in the long run? Shouldn't we be working on lowering our debt, pulling ourselves up from our bootstraps and cutting back?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

a lot of people can not help there neighbors because they are in the same boat as there neighbor is.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• That depends on what YOU want. Do you want one check to fix all your ills, or do you want less tax to pay on a regular basis from hubby's paycheck when he does get another job. Recessions do come around, people do get back to work. If you want one check, then you got the right man in office. If you want to pay less on a regular consistent basis, well then,I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.
    Anonymous

• I agree with if you have it why not help your neighbors.Good thing to do get involved in your communities and churches.Hubby and I are part of our vol fire dept and you;d be surprised how willing the members are to help out the other members......same goes with alot of churches.Of course do not join such things if you are unwilling to give of yourself.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009