Should i be scared for her?

my LO will be two march 08. i was told today that she needs tubes. so we are getting tubes march 03! ok i know its an outpatient thing and not a big deal. what i dont understand is why in the world did i want to cry when the dr told me that. Is this normal?

tatankc0787

Asked by tatankc0787 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's totally normal....Any mother would in the same place, you never want your little one to have to have anything like that done. I totally understand what you are going through, my son was born full term at 4 lb 15 oz, at 4 wks old he had surgery for pyloric stenosis, the muscle leading into his stomach closed up and he couldn't eat anything, they had to cut a 2 inch slit in his stomach to go in and cut open the muscle...I was a nervous wreck through it all, cried when they said surgery, cried when they prepped him, cried when they took him away for surgery, cried the first time i saw him out of surgery. It's a very stressful situation that takes a lot out of you, it's totally normal to cry! I'm sure everything will be fine, I'll be praying for you little one!!!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It's very normal...I think I had them twice (at 9 mo and 2 years) and my little brother had them at least 3 times. She'll be fine! :)
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2009