Is there anything natural kids with ADHD can take instead of medication?

I was just wondering if things like sea buddies and attentive child work. I have tried to change my sons diet, but I'm not sure if I'm doing all the right things. I don't want to put him on medication.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The health food stores sell some products here. I would of course talk to you doctor first, but we have had an amazing result with Animal Parade Omega 3/6/9 essential fatty acid supplements. Our son is not ADD or ADHD, but he was having some concentration issues so the doctor recommended those. We got them at the health food stores and they are pricey, but they worked wonders. I think we paid $25 dollars for a bottle that will last us about 45 days.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Omega 3 helps with ADHD. There are also other medications out there. You will need to do some research and present them to your doctor. Ginko, Ginseng and caffeine have been studied and have shown positive results.

Personally, I went out and bought my son a Rockstar energy drink. It has all of the above (except omega's). I let him drink a 1/4 of it the first day just to see what would happen. He was amazingly calm. He drinks 1/2 one in the morning and the other half around noon. I researched the ingredients and they are all okay. Before giving something like that to him, I think you should research for yourself and see what your doctor thinks.
    yakara77

Answer by yakara77 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Have you had him tested for food allergies? Rast test IgG & IgE specific.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Omega 3 Fish Oil I hear works really well. Also try taking out Red dye 40 from his diet as well as all sugars.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 12:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I've heard morning exercise helps.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2009