Anyone here on any sort of welfare right now?

Don't bother answering if you're NOT, because I know most of us here aren't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you know most are not, then why are you asking this question? Trying to humiliate someone?

Anonymous

• May I ask why being on welfare would have anything to do with general parenting? What the hell does one have to do with the other??????
    Anonymous

• you would be surprised at the number of people here on welfare, not due to being lazy but because of illness, jobloss, hours cut back etc..you would be surprised at the number of moms on here that are struggling to pay bills, about to lose there homes. The economy is shit right now and while some are due to living beyond our means MOST is not... Some areas in the USA are not as bad as others, some jobs are safe but for alot of moms on this site depending on where you live can be vastly diffrent, so dont judge just because you are safe for the moment.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Why do you need to know?? If I qualified I would be on it. Try having one income in the house and it being 9 dollars an hour with a 4 month old and being denied for everything! My parents have had to pay my rent twice. I am ashamed. I am ashamed that my husband lost his job and can't provide for us. And do you have any idea how awful it is to finally get the nerve to apply for help you desperately need and be denied. We have 2, 750 dollars we owe to the hosp?ob and rent, and formula, and a car, car ins.... I CAN"T DO IT!!!! I need help and can't get it because the State is to bust helping the people that lie or 'steal' by not even trying. they actually suggested I quit my job or go to part time so that they could 'help me' what ever. They want to help all the slackers and liers let them. I'll figure it out myself.
    Anonymous